Job Vacancy: Facilities Manager
Full-time Facilities Manager role reporting to the Operations Director.
As an experienced hands-on Facilities Manager you are passionate about creating a great environment for people to thrive. Reliability and commitment to excellence is essential in this role. The ideal person will be well organised and able to adapt to change as required.
- Maintain our buildings and internal machinery, eg, cherry picker, bailers, air con, industrial sewing machines, and lifting equipment.
- Manage the facilities and related services to support day-to-day operational needs.
- Personally maintain in-house services where possible, to the required standard, including servicing of water and drinks machines every 6 months.
- Manage external contractors where necessary, including 3rd party services, buildings and building works, energy services.
- Have strong knowledge of relevant ISO Standards, so that we are and remain compliant within the Standards and to drive improvement planning within Harvest.
- Manage and be the first point of call for site security, inc. third party alarm and camera system. Including requirement to attend site, as and when required out of hours for alarm call-outs, potential break-ins etc.
- Responsible for site modifications and improvements, at any Harvest site, such as decorating, guttering, repainting, both personally or by external contractors if necessary. Travel between sites as required.
- Manage any new buildings/site relocations as may arise from time to time.
- Experience working in a busy fast-paced environment, having the ability and confidence to manage all areas of facilities ensuring appropriate competency.
- Maintain a preferred suppliers list for any necessary work that you cannot personally repair/maintain. Ensure 3rd party services are cost effective and can scale for future growth plans.
- Manage the Screwfix account, supply and distribution of Screwfix cards to Field Engineers and other staff as appropriate.
- Review, update and propose changes to standard operating procedures and facility practices and suggest initiatives to implement and maintain as appropriate.
- Manage our IT Cloud phone system programming, fibre connections, and mobile phone inventory, buying, ensuring set up for new starters, recycle or replace as necessary.
- Dealing promptly with IT faults and cabling.
- Responsible for appropriate waste management via various companies, providing essential reporting to the Directors for environmental purposes.
- Purchase Technical parts.
- Fit-out of work vans inc, dashcams, sat navs, racking, tooling for engineers by most cost-effective means.
- Manage annual external inspection of warehouse racking, whilst personally fixing any day-to-day damage.
- Organisation of all site specific contractors.
- On an ad hoc basis, be required to repair and paint beds and hoists, along with other rework of products, installation and general upkeep of all office and warehouse equipment.
- A full driver’s licence and ability to travel is essential.
As a well-rounded Facilities Manager, your skills and experiences should include:
- Managing facilities for production sites and offices with a good general understanding of all areas of maintenance, health and safety, budget management, and property lease administration.
- Strong knowledge/experience in project management of site changes and moves.
- Strong people skills, leadership qualities and good networking abilities.
- An analytical approach to problems and a passion for solving them.
- You will be self-motivated, proactive, and forward thinking, with a strong ability to work autonomously.
- Confidence in working with stakeholders up to a senior level, both to take on tasks and present results.
- You will have the ability to think laterally and help find the best solutions.
Ideally, you will have:
- A strong building and machinery maintenance experience
- Knowledge of IT connectivity
- Waste management experience
- Engineering background desirable.
Success looks like:
- Improving the cost efficiency of our 3rd party service suppliers.
- The ability to adapt and respond effectively and quickly to changes in requirements.
- Become a trusted and respected member of the Production Team with a reputation for delivering high standard, excellent services in a timely manner.
If you are a qualified professional and interested to apply for the Facilities Manager role, please contact us on 01709377172 or email email@example.com
For more information please visit the Harvest Healthcare website
For news and updates please follow our LinkedIn page
Or browse our Twitter feed